Collaboration tools have become incredibly popular with businesses of all sizes. They bring a whole host of benefits such as improving productivity, increasing morale, streamlining processes and bringing overall time and cost savings. Following the success of similar platforms such as Basecamp, Slack and Asana, Microsoft have just launched their very own collaboration tool – Microsoft Teams.
Launched on the 17th March 2018, Microsoft Teams is a cloud-based chat and collaboration platform that is built for Office 365 users in order to streamline teamwork. At the heart of the software is the sophisticated group chat function which allows users to enjoy diverse chat-based communications with the option of switching between video, voice and text depending on your preference.
Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft said “At Microsoft we aim to empower every person and organization with the technology to be more productive as individuals and in groups. Office 365 is the broadest toolkit and platform for creation, communication and collaboration. Microsoft Teams adds a new experience to Office 365 as the chat-based workspace designed to empower the art of teams.”
The key benefits include:
- Multi-purpose chat function using text, voice or video. Live stream meetings, share files and co-author content, set up secure private chats depending on your needs.
- Available across devices on mobile, desktop or Skype Room Systems with HD video.
- Cloud-based functionality allows for communication wherever you have an internet connection.
- Integrated phone system enables you to make and receive calls using phone, PC, mobile or Mac (only available in the US currently).
- Office 365 apps are built in for easy access to SharePoint, OneNote, Power BI, Planner and more.
- Includes end-to-end security, control and compliance. All powered by the on-demand scale and manageability of Office 365.
The technical team at Twin Technology have been using Microsoft Teams internally for a while now. Here’s what we had to say:
“Following our successful pilot internally, we no longer subscribe to Basecamp and we are in the process of delivering this as a solution to our customers, as a viable collaboration platform for them” – Larry Rach, Managing Director.
If you are interested in Microsoft Teams and would like to find out more, watch the video below.
You can install Microsoft Teams here.