Each day the situation surrounding coronavirus disease 2019 – known more commonly as COVID-19 or simply coronavirus – worsens. More and more offices are shutting, and employees are working from home to enforce social distancing.
However, this has not dampened the spirits of workers as many of them have taken the opportunity of working differently in their stride. This includes scaling back on person-person contact where they can, opting for a ‘footshake’ or ‘elbow bump’ rather than a handshake, adapting to collaborative remote working and implementing safeguards to keep staff and customers fit and healthy.
For the most part, people will still want and need your goods and services, many of which can be delivered with little to no face-to-face contact. So perhaps it’s time to get creative – and that is what we at Twin Technology are doing!
Many people assume that when deciding to work from home, IT will just work, however this is not necessarily the case. At Twin Technology, we are doing everything in our power to keep businesses up and running. Here are just a few of the things we are currently doing to help you and your business adapt:
- Usually, unless we have a prior agreement (i.e., it has been factored into the costs already) we do not support home users. Yet we are, and we haven’t said no to anyone.
- We have extended our support hours to allow our customers to start work early and finish work late.
- We have worked over weekends to quickly put in place security arrangements such as cloud backups to ensure against thefts now that offices are empty.
- We are still attending customer sites even though this may not be beneficial to our health.
- We are facing new issues everyday poised by home working and having to overcome these issues in a timely manner.
If you’d like to learn more about out services, please contact our dedicated team now. We wish you all the best of health during these uncertain times and urge you to ‘get creative’ yourselves. After all, we are all in this together!